Re: removing duplicate from history by default

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: removing duplicate from history by default
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 02:05:05 +0300

>     Let's reopen the discussion started with the message here:
>
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-06/msg00021.html
>
> No, please let's not.  What we need to do now is fix the problems
> that prevent a release.  Please let's not take up other changes
> which are not necessary now.

Concentrating on making the next release is undoubtedly the top priority,
but the proposed change is so small (but still very useful), that it's
better to install it now than to raise the same question again in the future.

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> There was one question left, if removing duplicates from history
> should be turned on by default.

Let's not turn it on by default.  Even shells don't set a variable to
remove duplicates by default, isn't?  And so this change will not
change the current Emacs behavior.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/