Re: Gnus 5.10 is now on the trunk

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gnus 5.10 is now on the trunk
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:10:06 -0400

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 07:45:36PM +0200, Reiner Steib wrote:
> Do you plan to sync further changes from Gnus v5-10 branch to the
> trunk (semi-) automatically via arch?

Yes; I've already merged the remaining changes from the Gnus v5-10 branch.

Merging any future changes from the Gnus v5-10 branch should be very easy
using arch (because the Gnus tree is largly a subset of the Emacs tree, so
Gnus changesets largely just apply directly), so I will keep an eye out for
those, and apply them to Emacs too.

I wonder about merging future Emacs Gnus changes into the Gnus tree though --
is there a plan for handling this?  Since they're fairly rare it would be
nice to have a policy in place to avoid the mess of the previous merge.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!