Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:53:57 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   > I now believe that Enriched mode should be temporarily disabled when
   > switching major modes and later re-enabled by post-command-hook.  That

   I agree about switching it off in before-change-major-mode, but I see no
   reason to switch it back on afterwards.  This would basically mean to make
   it permanant-local .

It already is supposed to be permanent-local:

    (put 'enriched-mode 'permanent-local t)
    ;;;###autoload
    (define-minor-mode enriched-mode

The problem is that some of the variables it sets are not
permanent-local, which makes Enriched mode survive mode changes in an
inconsistent state.

Sincerely,

Luc.