Re: small Eshell docfix

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: small Eshell docfix
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:28:36 -0700

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> I believe that OS-specific defaults are doing eshell users a
> disservice.  I use both a GNU/Linux system at home and Windows at
> work.  I use eshell on both machines regularly.  When I use eshell,
> I'm not interested in OS-specific defaults.  I'm interested in the
> uniform interface Emacs provides on both platforms.

My feeling exactly.  If there is to be a default, I would like to see
it functional on all platforms.

Which begs the question: What is wrong with the current default?  All
this discussion seems to have sprung from an unfortunate reference to
UNIX in the docstring.  How about we just fix the docstring, and leave
the code alone?

John