Re: Slow access to files using UNC path

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:19:17 +0530

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:42:47 +0200, Andre Spiegel <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 08:31, KOBAYASHI Yasuhiro wrote:
>
> That doesn't look right.  If you want to ensure every backend sees the
> variable when needed, place it into vc-hooks.el (this is the
> always-loaded portion of VC).  It needs to have a good doc string
> though.  Not having followed the discussion until now, I have hardly any
> idea what the variable is supposed to do.  The doc string suggested in
> an earlier patch:
>
>   "Regular expression to identify remote folders"
>
> isn't much help either.  ("Folder" is not an Emacs term, to begin
> with.)  Please clarify.  Also, if this is a general mechanism to
> identify directories on remote hosts, I wonder if only VC is concerned
> with it.  Perhaps the regexp needs to go to a different place
> altogether?

Done the changes by putting the variable in vc-hooks.el with better
documentation. I have used this patch and has worked with no issues so
far. I request the patch to be reviewed and put into CVS head (so that
it gets tested well by the Emacs developer community).
 The attached patch is as on 8th Sept 2004. I have taken the latest
changes to vc-arch.el by Stefan.

with best regards,
dhruva

Dhruva Krishnamurthy