Re: nndb.el requires tcp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: nndb.el requires tcp
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:01:08 -0400

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 03:07:06PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > Maybe it be better to install it only in Emacs CVS _or_ in v5-10 (Gnus
> > stable branch) and let it propagate to the other by Miles' arch
> > synching?  We should do whatever is more convenient for Miles, I
> > think.

Thanks Reiner!

It's slightly easier for me if changes are installed on the Gnus v5-10
branch, from where I can propagate them to Emacs CVS.

> Right.  Exactly how does this work?  Is it fully automated?

No, but it's only a few simple commands for changes that don't generate any
conflicts (I probably _could_ automate it fully in that case, but I actually
like staying in the loop a bit so that I can catch any unexpected weirdness).

> Syncing V5-10 and Emacs CVS automatically seems useful, but there are some
> stuff in Gnus CVS for XEmacs compatibility that historically hasn't been
> included in the Emacs Gnus version.

I wouldn't worry about it; I think any such problems will be rare and small,
and easily enough fixed after the fact if they escape the casual checking I
do during merges.

I don't really think there's a problem with having a bit of XEmacs-specific
code in Emacs anyway if it makes maintaining Gnus much easier; again, if
something does become an issue, it can be addressed at that point.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.