running emacs in gdb 6.1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: running emacs in gdb 6.1
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:13:25 +0200 (CEST)

Running emacs in gdb 6.1 has some problems.  I regularly see the
following in the gdb window (while running the mew mailing program):

  Detaching after fork from child process 15526.
  Detaching after fork from child process 15528.

After a while, I get

  ---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

in the gdb window.  At this moment, emacs gets blank, and I have to
switch to the gdb window and press <return> so that I can continue
within Emacs.

Is there any possibility to make gdb suppress this message?

    Werner