Suggestions for corrections to executable.el - use of PATHEXT

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Suggestions for corrections to executable.el - use of PATHEXT
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 02:05:15 +0200

I believe there is an error in the definition of executable-binary-suffixes
in the w32 part. The environment var PATHEXT is not taken into account and
the order of the default suffixes is incorrect as far as I can see. There is
also a suffix ".btm" I do not know about.

This error is present in Emacs 21.3 and I do not know if it has been
corrected in CVS. Below is my fix to this error:

- Lennart

;; The PATHEXT environment variable defines the list of file
;; extensions checked by Windows NT when searching for an executable
;; file. Like the PATH variable, semi-colons separate individual items
;; in the PATHEXT variable. The default value of PATHEXT is
;; .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD.

(defvar executable-binary-suffixes
  (if (memq system-type '(ms-dos windows-nt))
      (let ((pathext (getenv-internal "PATHEXT")))
 (if (eq nil pathext)
     '(".com" ".exe" ".bat" ".cmd")
   (split-string pathext ";")))
    '("")))