Re: Suggestions for corrections to executable.el - use of PATHEXT

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Suggestions for corrections to executable.el - use of PATHEXT
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:12:57 +0100

>> If I'm going to contribute, let's do it usefully.  This is a patch against
>> the CVS `bindings.el' (where `executable-binary-suffixes' has migrated and
>> become `exec-suffixes').  I also have done my homework now and see that
>> 'cygwin is a valid `system-type', which means we don't need the ""s.

Cygwin is a valid system-type meaning an Emacs built for the cygwin
environment, but that does not mean that users of the native W32 Emacs
port do not want to run Cygwin shell scripts or commands. If it makes
sense for "" to be in exec-suffixes (I'm not sure that it does, but
someone who knows Cygwin better than I do can probably explain why it
is needed), then it should be in there, probably conditional on SHELL
being bash or sh.