Re: Mac OS X Maintainer

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Mac OS X Maintainer
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:11:40 -0700

I'm the current "official" maintainer of the Mac Carbon port. At least I'm the one currently listed in the MAINTAINERS file for the MacOS port.

What in particular do you feel makes it "not-mac-like?" The difficult thing in the carbon port is to strike a balance between emacs-like features and Mac-like features when they come into conflict. One example I'm currently wrestling with is the font dialog: it is modeless palette on the Mac, but is a modal dialog inside Emacs

-Steven