Re: Modifier keys in Carbon Emacs

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Modifier keys in Carbon Emacs
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:07:20 -0700

All of the various key-mappings variables are hacks: Since I did most of them,
I take the blame.

In the short term, if you want to get something working for you, I would
suggest modifying mac_to_emacs_modifiers in src/macterm.c to do what you need.
Something like

  if (NILP (Vmac_command_key_is_hyper) && (mods & cmdKey))
    result |= hyper_modifier;

In the long term, some work should be done to do xmodmap type modifier
translation: i.e. provide the ability to map all the mac modifier keys
(Cmd,Alt,Ctrl,Fn) to the emacs modifiers (C,M,A,H) or to system modifiers.
What would be the best way to represent this?

-Steven