Re: Slow access to files using UNC path

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:38:31 -0400

> This change is problematic for buffers where buffer-file-name is ""
> (like ERC server buffers in my case), file-name-directory returns nil so
> string-match signals an error.  It makes it impossible to quit Emacs
> (you need to kill all such buffers manually).

> How about the following fix?

Hmm... I personally expect buffer-file-name to be an absolute file name (or
nil).  Admittedly, the docstring doesn't say that, so maybe your fix is
indeed in order (or else the docstring of buffer-file-name should be fixed).

But in any case buffer-file-name should never be "" IMHO, and I consider
this to be a bug in ERC.

        Stefan