Re: Propertizing the minor-mode-alist

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Propertizing the minor-mode-alist
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:56:56 +0200

James Clark <address@hidden> writes:

> I misspoke earlier: there's a keystroke for goto to next error, but not
> for goto first error.  Obviously I could add one, but when you have a
> complex major mode, it's hard to find mnemonic key bindings for all the
> commands, and it's hard for the user to remember all of them (at least I
> find it hard to remember them). I find the click interface convenient
> because it's more efficient than the menu bar, but easier to remember
> that a keystroke interface would be.

nxml-mode could integrate with the next-error framework that has
recently been added to CVS.  That would make M-x first-error RET and
M-x next-error RET work.

It would also be cool if it could populate a *compilation*-like buffer
with the error messages -- it is convenient to navigate between errors
in compilation buffers.

Kai