Re: Patches to calendar

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Patches to calendar
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:34:46 -0400

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:20:26PM +0100, Glenn Morris wrote:
> > I also unquoted all the lambda forms in the code, as suggested by
> > Stefan Monnier.
>
> I'm not going to make that change unless a pressing need is felt to
> change every such instance in Emacs; in which case it's the kind of
> thing that might as well be done in one fell swoop, IMO.

I think there's no real advantage to doing "all of emacs" at once.  For
packages that have a maintainer this sort of thing should probably be done on
a per-package basis at a time when the maintainer feels things are "stable"
(the main point being to avoid any conflict with external patches).

It probably _is_ better to not combine such changes with other feature
changes though.  If CVS were changeset-oriented, you'd at least want to make
them separate changesets.

-Miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo