Re: Successful build of emacs-unicode-2 under Windows with MinGW

From: Cheng Gao
Subject: Re: Successful build of emacs-unicode-2 under Windows with MinGW
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:34:53 +0800

,----
| Probably not very.  It's more important to test the trunk, as it will be
| released much sooner.
|
| [If you _want_ to use the unicode branch for some reason though, I do
| regularly sync it with the trunk, so general bug reports will probably
| still be pretty relevant to the trunk version.]
`----

One of the reason I test emacs-unicode-2 is I know you sync it with
trunk frequently. I keep my eye on emacs cvs log.

In fact from my purpose of using emacs, I dont have special reason to
use it. I just wanna test it.

I am from China mainland. From my reading, I know emacs-unicode-2
doesnot support CJK very well. At the same time, emacs trunk has very
good support of CJK.

After my short time test, at least I found there is interesting thing
for me to play with. Unicode-2 branch adds chinese-gbk and chinese-18030
charsets. There does exist some articles in some groups where messages
are posted in non-gb2312 charsets. Though I can use gb2312 to view them,
some characters can not be displayed (coz they are out of scope of
gb2312).
My experience with unicode-2 branch is too few. But since unicode-2 will
be base of next version, I think it's interesting to run it in parallel
with trunk version. After all, if you keep shared files (for example
files in site-lisp) byte-compiled with trunk version, it's very easy to
let them coexist.

CG

--
山中何所有