Mac OS X Carbon Emacs problem with mouse-2

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Mac OS X Carbon Emacs problem with mouse-2
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:36:51 +0200

Hello,

I updated emacs from CVS and compared to my previous compilation (about
half a year ago) mouse-2 doesn't work. Actually it is the click with the
mouse wheel button that stopped working properly, so it affects mouse-2 or
mouse-3 depending on the value of mac-wheel-button-is-mouse-2. When I click
with the mouse wheel button, only a 'down-mouse-2' event is generated
rather than a combo 'down-mouse-2 mouse-2' as it happens with mouse-3. This
has the effect that emacs is waiting for more events before it interprets
the click. When I use ALT left click it is properly generating the combo.

I have looked in the code but my knowledge of the Mac API is just too
limited.
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden