Re: Patches to calendar

From: Ed Reingold
Subject: Re: Patches to calendar
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:10:04 -0500

> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
> > Emilio Lopes wrote:
>
> >> Besides the new command `calendar-goto-iso-week'
> >
> > I don't think it's worth adding a whole new function which duplicates
> > practically the entire code from calendar-goto-iso-date, just for
> > this.

I prefer the code as proposed last, not the version Emilio included in the
last message: it is cleaner and consistent with other code.  There is no
justification to omitting a useful function just because it it is similar to
an existing one.  The calendar code contains many "go-to date" functions that
are similar, but useful.