Re: bootstrap fails on tty-supports-face-attributes-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bootstrap fails on tty-supports-face-attributes-p
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:30:56 -0400

    Let me repeat my proposal that 'make bootstrap' should do maintainer-clean.

There is a target in src/Makefile called bootstrapclean, but it looks
like bootstrapping does not use it; nothing seems to use it.
Bootstrapping uses mostlyclean instead.

We could make bootstrapping use bootstrapclean, and then make
bootstrapclean clean exactly the right files for that purpose.
Does anyone see an objection?

So the right question is, which files shoud it delete, and which not?

Which of these files should it delete, and why?

        rm -f epaths.h config.h Makefile Makefile.c config.stamp stamp-oldxmenu
../etc/DOC-*
        mv ./.gdbinit ./.gdbinit.save