Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:11:07 -0400

> buffer rather than in a string and that they are /editable/.  And that
> question I can reduce to: how can I implement a tree-like data
> structure with text properties?

Without thinking too much about it, I'd say that overlays seem to be
a better fit: each node is an overlay, the node's attributes can be stored
in the overlay's properties, the text corresponding to a node can be stored
directly in the buffer and retrieved by (buffer-substring (overlay-start o)
(overlay-end o)), ...

        Stefan