Re: 2 nits about mailabbrev

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 2 nits about mailabbrev
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:20:09 -0400

    The issue at hand, I think, is "what should mailabbrev do?" It seems to
    me that no matter what other MUAs might do, mailabbrev should take the
    common .alias format as an input and output a RFC-822 compliant string
    if it can. I think that's better than the current behavior.

I think you are right.

Of course, we should make sure that if users do what gets good
results in other MUAs, it gets good results in Emacs too.
But there is no conflict between that and what you propose.