Re: C-c C-{l,r} in Enriched mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: C-c C-{l,r} in Enriched mode.
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:35:34 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       That does not seem that easy.  If we want C-c followed by a non
       alphanumeric, non control character that suggests a left or right
       margin in some way, then I only see `C-c [' for `set-left-margin' and
       `C-c ]' for `set-right-margin'.

   Those seem good to me.

   Hardly any minor modes have key bindings.

I checked for possible conflicts with other bindings in the Emacs
distribution.  Results:

C-c [ : reftex-citation, scribe-begin

C-c ] : calculator-clear-saved, scribe-end, idlwave-close-block,
        octave-close-block, up-list in texinfo-mode-map

`scribe' is in /obsolete and thus can be ignored, I guess.

I do not believe that Enriched mode is useful for editing IDL,
octave or texinfo source code anyway.  Nor does it seem useful for use
with the calculator.

It is not really seem useful for editing TeX source either, but
`(reftex)Citations Outside LaTeX' recommends to bind `C-c [' to
reftex-citation in non-TeX buffers.  I do not know whether this should
be considered a conflict and hence a problem for the C-c [ and C-c ]
bindings for set-{left,right}-margin in Enriched mode.

Sincerely,

Luc.