Re: Should the mode line extend under the scroll bar?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Should the mode line extend under the scroll bar?
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:22:21 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> Your point about mode-line sensitivity under the scroll bar (that is, where
> the drag handle is) is precisely my second point - vertical bar dragging
> should be disassociated from mode-line activation (sensitivity). This
> interference is an unpleasant side effect.

I just installed a fix which makes the vertical drag poiner <-> behave
a lot better.

Before, you could risk that dragging the mouse when the <-> pointer
was shown would not have any effect (at best), because the event was
associated with the wrong window.

Also, I installed another change which ensure that the pointer shape
does not change while you drag the mouse (i.e. it stays a <-> arrow).