Re: dired-view-command-alist

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: dired-view-command-alist
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:31:35 +0900

Reinhard Kotucha <address@hidden> writes:
> In my example the separate window displayed the three files within one
> line followed by two empty lines.
>
> Maybe the two empty lines are the reason it didn't attract your
> attention.

No, I don't think so -- though it may contribute.  It's simply that a
marker in the prompt is _much_ more noticeable when your attention is
focused there.

This is a fairly important issue, BTW.  It's not that hard to
inadvertantly use a command intending for it to be used on the current
file without realizing that you had some marks set, and the possibility
for damage is great.

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.