Re: address@hidden: `c-indent-command' in a rare case]

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: address@hidden: `c-indent-command' in a rare case]
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:29:00 -0400

>     I understand that it probably isn't an option to change the behavior
>     of forward-line for compatibility reasons, but it could still be
>     interesting to know the reason for the decision to return zero when it
>     has moved but not managed to move to a different line.

> It seems logical to me.  The decrease in the number of lines remaining
> to be moved is zero.

Huh?  Contrary to skip-chars-forward, forward-line returns the number of
lines remaining, not the "decrease in the number of lines remaining".
I.e. (zerop (forward-line 1)) is often used to check that forward-line has
indeed moved.

I agree with Martin that it would be better to not return 0 when it has moved
but hasn't managed to move to a different line.

        Stefan