RE: pop-up tool-bar

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: pop-up tool-bar
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:58:05 -0700

Could folks please _try_ the code, before discussing its hypothetical
behavior?

Let's discuss this more concretely, in terms of the actual behavior. It
doesn't make sense to discuss hypothetical fixes to hypothetical pbs. Please
try it out first.

As I said to Stefan, I'm open wrt the implementation. But at least look at
what I've done.

Thanks,

  Drew

-----Original Message-----From: David Kastrup

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

>> The fix was to scroll the buffer (window) `tool-bar-lines' to compensate
for
>> the window movement. This scrolling happens for mouse events only, since
>> other events do not cause the problem (and you don't want to scroll the
>> buffer each time you click a tool-bar button).
>
> This kind of really super ugly nasty brittle dark hack should be kept for
> extreme circumstances where there's really no other possible option.
> What else have you tried?

Maybe we could let the toolbar disappear only with the button-release
event?  I think that would be more visually appealing anyhow, as you
can witness the depression of the button for as long as you desire.