Re: find-file dialog in Carbon Emacs is broken

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: find-file dialog in Carbon Emacs is broken
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:40:57 -0700

I'm glad someone tried it ;-)

The problem is that there isn't a good way to determine if it should be an open or a save dialog, and unlike on W32 or X, you need to pick "ChooseFile" or "PutFile". The comment I have in the code is;

        /* MAC_TODO: Find a better way to determine if this is a save
           or load dialog than comparing dir with default_filename */

That's what I'm doing. I'm checking to see if the directory and the default file name are the same, and if it is I put up a save dialog, otherwise an open dialog.

Is there a "better semantic" I should be using?

-Steven