Re: vc-version-other-window

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: vc-version-other-window
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:12:27 -0400

    > Would it be useful to release a patched version of OpenSSH?

    And what happens when they release a newer (unpatched) version one month
    later with some security fix?  Forking like that is not really an option
    I think.

We can certainly handle that.  We need someone reliable to do a small
amount of work occasionally when needed.

    What is needed is for the glibc, cvs, and openssh people to stop
    finger-pointing and to work together at coming up with a fix.

Last I looked, the OpenSSH developer was Theo de Raadt, who hated
the GNU Project when I first heard of him.  It is unlikely they
will listen.  However, if someone send them a fix, and it has no
practical costs, they might install it.  Are you in touch with the
relevant people; could you ask them to try to do this?
Have they already done this?