find-file and backward-kill-word

From: Reinhard Kotucha
Subject: find-file and backward-kill-word
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:00:58 +0200

When I run find-file I get a prompt like this:

Find file: /tmp/reinhard/

I can edit everything on the right to the space after the colon.  For
instance, beginning-of-line moves the cursor to the first slash.

So far so good.  But if I then run the command backward-kill-word
(M-DEL), the cursor moves to the "f" of the word "file" and I get the
message

Text is read-only: #<buffer  *Minibuf-1*>

I'm sure you can reproduce the problem because I can can even
reproduce it with a precompiled binary for Widows I use at work.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone: +49-511-4592165
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                              mailto:address@hidden