Re: problem in log-edit.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: problem in log-edit.el
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:26:44 -0400

It is probably not worth checking whether a problem is already known.
The answer is almost always "no", if the problem still happens, since
we fix nearly all problems very soon.  If we don't fix the problem
soon, usually that is because we don't understand it, which means
another report might still help us fix it.

Cases where you really might as well not report the problem are so
rare that you may as well not spend the time to check.