Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:37:01 +0200

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I also propose to add password.el, encrypt.el from Gnus CVS, and
> update the netrc.el file to use encrypt.el.  This may be more
> controversial, so I'll post encrypt.el in a separate message, to ask
> for guidance.

I didn't realize Ted already posted encrypt.el, so let's move that
discussion to that thread.

Meanwhile, I have installed password.el to lisp/net/, included below.
It is generally useful, and will be used by Gnus in several places
(e.g., sieve*.el).  There may be other places in Emacs that has use
for it as well (telnet? ftp?).