Re: find-file and backward-kill-word

From: Stefan Daschek
Subject: Re: find-file and backward-kill-word
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 03:00:06 +0200

> If making it in general impossible to move into the prompt makes
> things less confusing in general for users, it might be a good idea.

I'd vote for it. It happened to me occasionally that I unintentionally
moved the cursor into the prompt and I always thought of it as a bug.

What confuses me even more in this situation is that the prompt gets
replaced by another message (like "Read only text copied to kill
ring") for some seconds.

stefan