Re: Mac OS 9 support

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Mac OS 9 support
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:37:39 -0400

>   - USE_LSB_TAG is defined so that it can work with >256MB memory
>     system.  It seems to work with DECL_ALIGN as the identity macro,
>     but not 100% sure.

If you want to be more confident that it does indeed work, compile
with -DENABLE_CHECKING.  This should pretty quickly catch any problem.
I think it's not unexpected on RISC systems like PowerPC that DECL_ALIGN is
not needed.

>   - "#define GC_MARK_STACK GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS" also seems to work,
>     but not defined in the attached patch.

It should work, and it's probably better (i.e. more robust) to define it.

        Stefan