Re: CVS Emacs doesn't build

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs doesn't build
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:15:44 -0500 (CDT)

Paul Pogonyshev wrote:

   I wrote:

   > Current CVS fails to build here:

   Apparently no one cares...

   So, the cause is this change:

   2004-10-12  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

           * international/mule.el (coding-system-equal): Move from
mule-util.el.

           * international/mule-util.el (coding-system-equal): Move to mule.el.

I built Emacs CVS without problems several times after that.

It used to be that one had to do `make maintainer-clean' before doing
`make-bootstrap' to guarantee a successful build.  Maybe it still is.
There was talk about changing that, but I do not know whether
something has actually been done in the meantime.  The script I use
personally still does `make maintainer-clean'.

Sincerely,

Luc.