Re: gud breakage: ^done,changelist=[]

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: gud breakage: ^done,changelist=[]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:17:41 +0200

Nick Roberts writes:

> It can only help us if you report the bug when you first find it.

Of course, I am sorry.  I usually do, except with emacs+gdb I assumed
that everyone and his dog would suffer from it (duh).

> That's odd because gud has used "--annotate=3" for over a year. However, it
> shouldn't make any difference at the moment.

--annotate=3 has the same problem.  I seem to remember that bringing
up a third window, so I mindlessly switch that off.

> C++ and multithreaded, that might be pushing it a bit. If you don't use any
> features of the new mode you can get the old behaviour using "gdb -fullname"

Thanks, that works!  LilyPond is not multithreaded.  It might be
because of linking to guile, which supports threads?

> Please set the variable gdb-enable-debug-log (which records the transactions
> between gdb and emacs) to t, trigger the bug and post the value of
> gdb-debug-log to emacs-pretest-bugs.

Done.

Jan.