RE: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:09:36 -0700

What about using keyboard modifiers with mouse-1 on an active area (link,
button) to do what mouse-1 would normally do on an inactive area (e.g.
mouse-drag-region)?

The following are not defined by default, at least in most Emacs modes:
C-M-mouse-1, C-S-mouse-1, M-S-mouse-1.

-----Original Message-----From: Kim F. Storm
In the case of gnus attachments, you can click mouse-1 to THE RIGHT of
the button and still be able to use the key bindings. Alternatively, you can
drag mouse-1 in the link to set point there.

I generally want to avoid messing with mouse-2 or mouse-3 -- as the
major deviation from common GUI standards only affects mouse-1. The major
problem with mouse-2 is when you only have a two-button mouse...

Sure.  We need to find a way to DTRT in cases where mouse-1 is needed.