Re: Problem with Gnus

From: Kevin Greiner
Subject: Re: Problem with Gnus
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:02:06 -0400

Jason Rumney wrote:

Kevin has synched some agent-related bugfixes from the trunk to the
v5-10 branch.  It seems he forgot to install `legacy-gnus-agent.el' in
the v5-10 branch.

It seems to me he synched too much, since there is code there now to upgrade the gnus files to a future version. But Kevin will know what he intended.

In order to minimize the inconvenience, I think it's best if I "cvs
add legacy-gnus-agent.el" in Emacs soon (instead of fixing it in
Gnus/v5-10 and waiting for the semi-automatic syncing).  I have to
leave now, but I can do it in a couple of hours unless someone has a
better suggestion.
Is that really a sensible thing to do? Now people will have their gnus files upgraded to No Gnus 0.2 even though they are using 5.11. Will this cause problems? Is there a way to undo this if it does? I'd prefer to hear from Kevin about what he really intended before we do anything that might mess things up even more.

.

Hopefully, yesterday's check-in has resolved all of this. The upgrade functions have been re-assigned to v5.11 since that is where they are needed.

Kevin