Re: font-lock in machine mode of gdba

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: font-lock in machine mode of gdba
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:59:04 +1300

 > I could reproduce the bug.
 >
 > In my last kewords definition, underscores in a function name was not
 > handled.
 > Now underscores and periods are handled.
 >
 > I've changed my mind: the addresses have no fontification becuase finally I
 > think
 > too decorative.

Please install these kinds of changes directly, you don't need to refer them
to me.

 > The address fontification will be worth if other gud-ui buffers
 > introduce font-lock; the awareness of address string in the buffers
 > will be improved by using the same face on the all gud-ui buffers.
 > However, I have not used other buffers of gud-ui well yet, I should
 > not touch more. Switch view between source and machine code by
 > keyboard is much more important:)

In general, hat might be a good idea but note that I've specifically turned
font-lock off in the frames buffer. That seemed to be necessary to get
inverse video for the current frame, although that might not be the case now
kill-all-local-variables is used.

Nick