Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:24:27 +0200

>     It is new.  It will be used by future versions of Gnus, but it is
>     generally useful.  I think it is better if future network related packages
>     used it, instead of writing its own similar code (which is what is done
>     today, I think).
>
> I agree it is useful.  Would you please document it in etc/NEWS

Done.

> and in the manual?

The "Reading a Password" node in lispref seem to be a good place.  Do
you agree?

> Should read-passwd be integrated with this new file?

Yes, I think that would make sense, assuming that a shorter subr.el is
better.  Unless someone objects, I'll move it.

Btw, what was the reason for renaming read-password to read-passwd?
It seems the earlier name was more consistent with the coding style.