Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32

From: Guy Gascoigne-Piggford
Subject: Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:58:38 -0700

Actually I think that it's the other way around. The first server is listening and so the second can't bind to the port and so errors out.

Guy

Stefan wrote:

There is a problem if you start the server in .emacs; does the first
or second instance run the server ?  I don't know if there is a
generic answer to that question.

The current code just overwrites any previous server, so the last instance
is the one that wins.

       Stefan
.