Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:44:55 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan" <address@hidden>
To: "Guy Gascoigne-Piggford" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden>; "Lennart Borgman"
<address@hidden>; "Emacs Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 1:36 AM

: > Actually I think that it's the other way around.  The first server is
: > listening and so the second can't bind to the port and so errors out.
:
: That hasn't been my experience, and disagrees with the comments (and
: messages) in the server.el code.  Maybe it depends on the underlying OS?

I have no idea about that, but I think it could be very frustrating if
starting a second instance of Emacs makes the first instance behave
differently. The way it works on windows seems best to me. (Though I have
never wanted to start a second instance.)

- Lennart