Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:22:19 +0200

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> PS: David, could you explain exactly what's the problem with Kim's suggested
>     patch and latex-preview?

It's not like I hadn't done this already.

> What is the behavior of latex-preview in the case of mouse-1 and in
> the case of mouse-2?  Is mouse-face applied to the actual text or
> just to the (before|after)-string?

The behavior of preview-latex when clicking with mouse-1 on a preview
image is to simply set point on the image (i.e., the behavior is just
the default, and preview-latex does not tamper with it).  You will
often need to do this to cut and paste the text passage that is hidden
by the image, for example, it you are doing a mathematical derivation
and start with the source text of the last equation in order to derive
the next one.  When clicking with mouse-2 on the image, the image is
replaced by the underlying text.  The image has a mouse-face that is
visible indication that you can mouse-2 the image.

Clicking outside the image and then using the cursor keys to get on
the image is not feasible instead: it will uncover the image
automatically with the default settings.