Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:07:44 +0200

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

>> Incidentally, I realized that password.el could be enhanced with
>> support for netrc.el (i.e., passwords stored in ~/.authinfo), or even
>> storing passwords via customize (in ~/.emacs).
>
> Sure.  We're in feature freeze

I'm not sure if I knew that.  Is there some way to find out, if I
forget again?

If I knew that, I'm not sure if I would have proposed moving files
from lisp/gnus/.  It seem like that is something that could also wait
until after the release.  Moving the files might just take time away
from more important things.

> tho, so better stop thinking about how things could be further
> changed and start thinking about how to get the manual and the
> remaining bugs fixed, instead.  Otherwise we'll never reach a
> release.

Right.  I'll move read-passwd to password.el and document it now.