Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:50:39 +0200

: > ----- Original Message -----
: > From: "Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden>
:
: I don't understand.  How does gnuclient make emacs easier to learn ?

What I wanted to say was that if gnuclient is used then you can open your
files from Windows Explorer or cmd.exe and they all get into Emacs just as
if you opened them from inside Emacs. Then the new user does not have to
rethink how he/she searches for files for example. It can be done as usual.
Does not this makes it more easy to learn Emacs? At least it seems to me
that less details have to be learned to begin using Emacs. (Of course I
could give more examples like this, but I hope the main idea gets through.)

: A major difference is that in CVS emacs, emacsserver is now INTERNAL
: written in ELisp via make-network-process.  I.e. only emacsclient is
: an external program.

Is emacsserver started automatically or does the user have to start
emacsserver from .emacs (or another init file)?

- Lennart