Re: Suggested change to man/makefile.w32-in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Suggested change to man/makefile.w32-in
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:06:12 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Rumney" <address@hidden>

: Then it is msys sh that is broken. Even Cygwin bash knows how to run
: Windows BAT files.

I have told this on the ming-msys mailing list.

: I think there is already a note in nt/INSTALL that you may need to run
: make as "make SHELL=cmd.exe", so I don't think we need to to
: anything. I don't want to put lots of conditionals in the makefile to
: cope with all the broken ports of Posix shells that have ever been
: ported to Windows.

There is no such note in nt/INSTALL as far as I can see. I do not think I
have seen this note anywhere. It might be one of the reasons that so many
seem to complain it is difficult to build Emacs on ms windows.

If it really works using make SHELL=cmd.exe then maybe there should be a
notion in nt/INSTALL?

- Lennart