Is it planned to remove xemacs compatibility code?

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Is it planned to remove xemacs compatibility code?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:26:26 +0800

Around Emacs code, I find many Xemacs compatibility code as

(cond ((featurep 'xemacs) blah ...)
(if (featurep 'xemacs) blah ...)

Personally I think these codes should be removed.
And in etc/TODO, I can not find item for remove of these codes.

So I just wonder if it's desired. I think if it's planned, dev team can
post a message or add an item in TODO file. Thus every Emacs user can
submit patch file. After all, this kind of fix is not hard for ordinary
users.

Wish my question is not too dumb.

--
德不孤,必有邻