Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:21:39 +0900

>> The install directory layout need not mirror the source layout.  Why
>> not just _install_ things as gnus has always done -- into one
>> directory?
>
> The Gnus distribution has traditionally not been meant to be
> installed -- it's compiled and run where it's unpacked.

Er, ok, whatever[*]; but then a subdirs.el file should work.

I wasn't sure how well subdirs.el would work for the install directory
because Gnus usually uses the top-level dir, and coordinating that
between multiple installed package may not be easy.  However for the
source directory it should be no problem.

-Miles

[*] I've always installed Gnus, but maybe it's too much bother for
    someone doing Gnus development.

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.