Re: Addition to emacsbug.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Addition to emacsbug.el
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:24:51 -0400

    +     (if (fboundp 'x-server-vendor)
    +       (insert "X vendor `" (x-server-vendor) "', vendor version "
    +               (format "%d" (nth 2 (x-server-version))) "\n"))

This uses the term "vendor" which we disparage.  (In fact, I just got
through editing the doc strings and the Lisp manual to say so.)
Please say "distributor" instead of "vendor".

For the same reasons, please say "X server distributor", not just "X
distributor".

Maybe this Emacs function should be renamed.