Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:19:27 -0400

    Is the approach in the attached patch OK?  I generate a list with
    the objects used to build Emacs and in Snarf-documentation I
    compare the files in DOC with that list.  If not in that list,
    those sections in DOC are skipped.

On further thought, I believe this is not correct.  The DOC file
should be independent of the platform, as someone else pointed out.

So the right fix is to include xfns.c and not include macfns.c.
Or else, in macfns.c, eliminate the doc strings for functions
that are documented in xfns.c, so that the only doc strings found
for those functions will the ones in xfns.c.

Sorry I led you to do some work that is a false start.