Re: library-specific customization files?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: library-specific customization files?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:03:18 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>

: I think that multiple customization files, each associated with a standard
: library file, could make it easier for users to keep track of things, and
: easier for them to adapt to new Emacs versions. Making this optional would
: be important, because for some users this might be more confusing than
: helpful.

I agree, this would be a nice feature. I did not give it a thourogh thought
but would it not be possible to use the :group attribute for this? Maybe the
group names could be tied to file names for saving? It no such association
then the main customization file could maybe be used?

Some people might perhaps be confused by the group "hierarchy" here. Is not
this more a network than a hierarchy? Could the feature suggested above be
kept outside of this?

- Lennart