RE: library-specific customization files?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: library-specific customization files?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:52:50 -0700

Thanks for this reference. I took a quick look at it.

John's code tries to match against variable names. I think it would be good
to build on what he has done, integrating it within Customize.

Name matching is not 100% failsafe, since not all variable names in all Lisp
packages use prefixes, and some name parts could also, I imagine, result in
false hits to the wrong library.

Instead of relying on name matching, Customize should use positive knowledge
of which variables belong to which Lisp files to create a failsafe mapping.
A library census a la TAGS could be used, if Customize does not already have
an explicit mapping of variables to their libraries.